Friday, October 1, 2010

The Country Has No Fast Lanes

I had to chuckle to myself this morning as I was out driving. I was in no hurry. I could have taken the highway and been home in half the time that it took me to get home by way of the back roads. I love the back roads. Driving them is like watching God in motion (even though I'm the one who's actually moving). It was early enough that the road warriors were still hurrying to get to their day jobs. It was also early enough that the farmers were out on the roads either on their tractors or pulling their large farming equipment, heading to their fields for harvesting, not in quite a hurry as the road warriors. Driving in the opposite direction as them, I can see the frustration welling up on one road warrior's face as he was unable to pass the massive John Deere. While living in the country, driving in the fast lane of life is not an option certain times of the year. As the sun reflects off the droplets of morning dew that have settled on the browning corn stalks, slow down and take time to witness God's reflection in your life. Enjoy your time with God in the slow lane. He's in no hurry. Why should you be?

No comments:

Post a Comment