Friday, October 1, 2010

Death Of A Marriage

It is times like this when the internet and e-communications is not user "friendly", when an intimate conversation is far more appropriate and necessary. That's all I'll say on that matter.
When I opened the email and read it today, I couldn't believe what I was reading. The words jumping off the screen were surreal, shocking to say the least. "We have split" keeps ringing in my brain. What? My stomach twists as I feel like somebody I love dearly had just died. How can it be that a marriage that appeared to be built on solid rock for over two decades has been washed away with the shifting sand?
I am incredibly grieved by this revelation. I am saddened by the butterfly effect this will have on their children's relationships, their future grandchildren and so forth. This heartbreak is a reminder of how vulnerable our spirits are. It forces us to put our own relationships into perspective and assess where we stand with one another and work on the issues that may seem like a mere grain of sand right now.
In the meantime, I will pray for healing and restoration for this family. I love them that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment